God has blessed us AGAIN!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rain Music

Hello Everyone...I know I am a failed blogger. I have many posts bouncing around in my head right now, I just haven't had the motivation to sit down and write them. And when I tried the other day, for some reason it just wasn't...ringing, if you know what I mean. It didn't flow. So I didn't post it. I'm sorry. But while a few other thoughts simmer, here is one of my favorite poems. It perfectly fits such a rainy first day of spring, does it not? 


     

   Rain Music
 
     by Joseph S. Cotter, Jr.


ON the dusty earth-drum
  Beats the falling rain;
Now a whispered murmur,
  Now a louder strain.
 
Slender, silvery drumsticks,        
  On an ancient drum,
Beat the mellow music
  Bidding life to come.
 
Chords of earth awakened,
  Notes of greening spring,       
Rise and fall triumphant
  Over every thing.
 
Slender, silvery drumsticks
  Beat the long tattoo—
God, the Great Musician,        
  Calling life anew.

Photo Credit: www.morguefile.com

No comments: